Last night after school Ainsley had gymnastics and we all went and sat in the gym while Ainsley was at practice. Chloe did homework and Nic played a bit. I noticed that Chloe was a little slower than usual and that her voice was a bit hoarse. I asked her how she felt and she said, "my throat is just hurts a little." She went on to her practice and came home and was slow at home. She watched some TV and her appetite wasn't as ravenous as it usually is. All of these tell me she's got a little bug. This morning she still sounded hoarse and I took her temperature, it was at 100 so I talked with her about staying home from school.
Me, "Chloe maybe you should stay home from school, you are a little sick."
Chloe, "I feel okay mom, I can go"
Me, "But you're moving so slow, it's obvious you don't feel well. I'm sure you'll get sent home from school today."
Chloe, "I'm not that sick, I really want to go to school. We're just doing some math and library at school"
With a bit firmer voice told her that I really thought she should stay home and rest. She then started crying. "I don't want to miss any school. I can go, I feel fine." She really laid it on thick with the tears.
So Chloe is 7 and in the 1st grade and hasn't missed a day of school due to illness. The only time she's ever missed school was last year during our trip to Colorado. I just have a strange one with Chloe. Whats wrong with her, practically begging and pleading with me to go to school.
My mom said I cried when she kept me home the first few times. School is way more fun than being at home.
In the end I sent her, I guess she was fine because school is out in 10 minutes and I never was called in to pick her up.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment