Tonight is my 2nd night teaching my 5th class. I am feeling quite comfortable with the material. So much that instead of spending days of prep worrying and fretting over the material, I casually glance over my outline a few times before the class. I've even had my syllabus disappear on me and I am waiting for the replacement to come in the mail... yet, I moved forward with my class and was able to do it without it. I'm sure that not all of this has to do with class response, though it has been positive to say the least, but, my Doula work has made a huge imprint on my ability to share information with others comfortably.
So, this post is about how good I'm feeling. I started the month off with a beautiful birth, the mother is so happy with her birth memory. I've been hired for a birth in March, almost was hired for another February one but I declined and referred her to another doula (I've got a lot going in Feb already). I've been contacted to start another class in April (or sooner) And I feel quite comfortable and good about everything.
As far as Camp Fire goes, the candy sale has been a huge success and we're only half way done. We've sold most of our candy and I've placed an order for more. The kids are excited about helping camp fire and about earning a rollerena party.
I was contacted by the Richland Community center today, I think they're going to help me facilitate our Camp Fire Club's service project this year. I had to get a hold of our Not-For-Profit tax id number so I can discuss discounts for the center. Hopefully the facility will work for the potluck/fund raiser for Domestic Violence Women's Shelter. So if I can get all the logistics figured out we should be planning the fund raiser for mid April. :D it will be a good opportunity for the kids to be involved in a service project and it will help a lot of people.
Oh - and I'm feeling good but still quite tired. Between births, classes, candy sales, camp fire, gymnastics and life I feel a little on the worn down side. (Still looking for an exercise partner, need to work on my endurance.) And the condition of the house gets me down once in a while. Still not motivated for that one! But the things I am juggling are going well and I'm pretty happy with how I'm handling them.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment