Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Candy Sale Off to a Good Start/Service Project Moving Slowly

Well, the club candy sale is off to a roaring start thanks to Miss Cierra's picture being on the box this year. We got tons of attention on TV, Radio and in the News Paper. I'm already contemplating ordering more to sell. I'm sure, the way things are going, that the kids who want to go to camp, can get the discount they need to afford it. Some people don't realize how expensive camp is and at the same time how much the councils loose through operations. It's amazing that they can stay in business and easy to see why the council in this area disbanded.

I've been working on the service project particulars for the kids. If you didn't know, they chose 'feeding hungry people' for their service project. I contacted Domestic Violence and we decided to collect $20.00 gift cards for them to give to families in need at the shelter. I was hoping that some type of potluck dinner could be arranged. At ones I've been to in the past there was a basket at the front of the line where people dropped their monetary donations as they made their way through the chow line. Alas, I'm having difficulty finding a building to house the feast. We may have to wait until the weather warms up and have it at a park. I'll probably contact some other local service organizations and see what others have done for similar functions.

Anyway, Nic is pouting for the computer... better relinquish the keyboard.

3 comments:

Athena said...

Have you checked the senior center in Keywaydin park?

flarin_erin said...

it's being demolished!

Maylyn said...

Sounds like a rip-roaring time for you. I hope it all goes well and you find the perfect venue for your project. Kudos! to the best mom, leadeer, PR person, Blogger ever!