




January is Ainsley's month. With her 6th birthday on the 16th... and she lost her first tooth too, she's having a pretty good month so far.
We had a small party for her on Saturday. She requested a beach boys theme party. So we listened to all her favorite songs which happen to be by the beach boys and played some beach theme games like... musical beach blankets and limbo. She got new beach boys albums and she got a Monkee's album collection as well (she's starting to like their music as well). She's asked me to get her a CD player so she can listen to her new tunes, I'll have to see what I can find. She got a beach boys poster so now she can have her favorite 'boy band' decorating her room.

6 comments:
We heard all about the AWE-SOME party at your house. They loved the cake, the limbo and the hula girl dolls they brought home. I'm glad Ainsley had a great day! I heard she had an earache, though, is she feeling better? Oh, and you really are a saint. My children told me everyone else had hot dogs and hamburgers, but they had chicken nuggets. I also noticed their plates have cheese chips instead of the fruit salad on everyone else's. *Sigh* Thanks for accommodating them, you didn't have to. Seriously, I could bury my head in the sand from embarrassment. :-)
It may be just me, but like they have these new fangled Things called MP3 players.. yes you have to take a little time to rip, then copy onto it, but then, it just works over and over... and no need to worry if the kid is going to scratch the CD, or the dog eat the CD, or the kid put food on it.. or it get lost in car... :)
Even Better.. today is your lucky DAY! woot.com has two MP3 players for 19.99, Its like they read your blog too, and put them on sale.. you get one and a backup for those serious problems, like someone washing it...
First of all, thanks Evan, we kinda were looking for an mp3 player that we don't use anymore... it's somewhere around here. I went and ordered the WOOT ones anyway.
Secondly, she ASKED for a cd player, actually she asked for a DVD player, she is just 6 after all. She needs it to listen to The Beach Boys and The Monkees. I'm lucky she didn't need a turntable that plays 45's.
So I guess I have to question the quality of parenting in the house if a little girl that is 6 now, 6! doesn't even know what an mp3 is, or how to rip music from CD's.
How funny. :) I'm glad she had a good time. Happy belated Birthday, Ainsley!!!!
Post a Comment