Thursday, January 24, 2008

Camera Time

I've been wanting a new camera for a long time. I've blogged it before, but my old camera bit the dust almost 6 months ago. Kenny got me an upgrade to my old camera, so no, it's not a DSLR but it's an affordable replacement to my old camera. I thought it would work almost identically but it didn't... It's shorter in width than my old camera which gives me less room to rest my palm on... actually no room to rest my palm on, I have to hold it weird, like those people with the super thin cameras. There are fewer settings than the last powershot (maybe they're trying to appeal more to the point and shoot market) But other than that I thought that my camera would be much better than the old one, then I took a picture. It took, as Nic would say, FOR..EV..ER to save the image to the flash card. The images are great though! It did however suprise me when I had to empty my flash card after only 9 images. It made point and shoot photography kinda useless, since I point and shoot about 100 images each event.

But it's all in the flash card. Kenny got me a new card yesterday and I've fallen in love with my new camera, took me long enough eh? It saves the images quickly and stores like 700 images. Another great thing is this card is compatible with the Wii so I can now start using the Wii photo share program.

Watch for a lot more pictures, on the blog, on the Camp Fire blog, and maybe finally I can get back to my Bento Blog.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Well, it's about time you finally got a memory card. Digital cameras are completely useless without them nowadays. Glad you like it now, though. I've got a pic of the kids and their snowman I need to send you. It's too cute.