Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Real Banana Hammock

Look what I'm reduced to, the crappiest, crap quality of my precious cell phone camera which I can't even simply upload images to my computer from but I have to email myself a pix message. I'm being so raped by Verizon! My poor little cannon can't even hold it batteries in anymore and even if that worked I get the E18 message of death. I sure do miss posting my lunches...

Anyway, on with the blog posting! My sister came down for a pre-christmas week with her family and for her baby shower... while she was here some friends visited ken and I and we were discussing a banana hammock that was given away at a white elephant gift exchange they went to. My sister is pretty ignorant (innocent doesn't really apply to her) and thought she knew exactly what they were talking about. "You mean one of those fruit thingies they sell at Pier 1?" she said. All in the room were somewhat confused by her comment, I for one had never heard of this "version" of a banana hammock and I'm not sure anyone else in the room had either. We clarified that we were talking about a male thong, she turned red and laughed and we all thought she was a little nutty in the head.

A few days later she wanted to give Kenny and I our Christmas gift early since she wasn't going to be in town to see us open it. Low and behold it was a banana hammock. I opened it and smiled, "You know, we WILL use this a lot!" (We buy out the produce section each week, it'll be nice to have another place to store some of the fruit.) She laughed and said, oh no it was supposed to be a gag gift not something you'd take seriously. It was funny and appropriately timed. Anyway, thats the story. Now I have a Real Banana Hammock!

2 comments:

Athena said...

You know, I'm kinda disturbed that you would be calling *her* ignorant in this case. :P I think if you said 'banana hammock' to the general population that they would assume you were talking about the kind your sister bought you... Not of the uh, 'dirty' version, if you will.
I would've thought of that same item as well... I've never heard of your version before! Pretty weird. heh Funny none-the-less! :)

Anonymous said...

lol! I'm ignorant YAY~. . . I like that banna hammok, but I always thought it was a yellow speedo, I just thought you gave away that kind! I'm super glad that you can use it.