Friday, December 14, 2007
Another Class Off to a Great Start
I usually try to refrain from blogging about work because I want to keep this as a personal blog. But last night's class went really really well, so well that I have to share. I have a great group of students, a full class and some extras, a grandma and another local birth support person. Class went smoothly, they got it right off the bat and I think that all of them will get a lot of information out of it. One of the parents was so excited afterwards she wanted to share with everyone in the area and suggested that I get a newspaper reporter to sit in on a class. A bit intimidating for little me who enjoys small, infrequent classes so I can work it around family, birth support and Camp Fire. The class is 5 weeks long and last night was the first of 5 and I was quite surprised at the end of the first class when they clapped. It really felt nice. It's nice to be around people who appreciate and use the knowledge that you have inside you. I hold my tongue for the most part around friends and family and only answer questions when they're asked. But to be a teacher and have people come to me for advice is a great feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know what you mean. We have Richland High students follow us around sometimes as part of a program to expose them to the different jobs in the hospital. I love explaining my job and how things within the respiratory system work and I get a bigger kick out of it when they are interested and understand what I am telling them.
Post a Comment