Monday, October 15, 2007

WAL MART GOES GREEN !! HAHAHAHA

They must of read my blog a few days ago when I mentioned that they didn't have reusable shopping bags, because now they are touting the handy things as their effort to be considered a green store. Too bad everything else about WalMart is just about as far away from green as it gets. No other store has as much packaged packages wrapped with cellophane available for our discount shopping pleasure than the huge garbage producing monstrosity that is WalMart.

Anyway, I have a feeling that these steps are simply being taken by stores to reduce the chance that national legislation will be passed restricting plastic bag use. There are other countries, states and cities out there that have banned the things already...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, couple Questions:

Do you save the bags you do get from every store.. Wal-mart, target, winco, fred meyer, albertsons, safeway? Or do you trash them like all the other trash.

Second how often do you take all the bags over to the stores where they have recycle programs for the bags? They've been doing this for years... did you recycle all of them? are you green?

flarin_erin said...

hehe, I use the reusable shopping bags. I used to use them as trash liners and I still have one or two around for picking up dog poo (thus reusing them) before that I didn't care. I'm probably not going to even use trash liners anymore.

Mostly it is just teaching Camp Fire that has me thinking about it now. Have to be a responsible teacher and practice what I'm supposed to be teaching the kids. Hard to say reduce, reuse and recycle if I don't do any of those things myself.