Friday, September 07, 2007

Mad About Bento

There is a new interest revin' up inside of me. I am becoming addicted to Bento Boxes. This hobby is absolutely intriguing. Artistically beautiful lunches that are healthy and fun, that require no excess packaging, sign me up! I have become lost in the thousands of photo blogs of Bento Boxes and sucked into this strange culture of artistic lunch boxes. I lost control yesterday and ordered our first Bento Box. The Laptop Lunch Box, it's an American version of this Japanese tradition. I have been searching through the Bento group on Flickr for ideas and have been coming up with my own fun ways to make lunch.

I've been windows shopping on Ebay where the Bento supply stores are seemingly endless. The stores have great stuff like Bento Boxes and bags, sauce bottles, rice shapers, cookie cutter, food dividers and cute shaped food picks. Super fun egg molds have caught my eye. My kids love hard boiled eggs, they'll love them even more when they're shaped like a star, bear or even Hello Kitty.

I want to share Bento, is there such thing as a Bento Party?

(you're right, I have lost my mind! Do I sound like a scrapbooker yet?)

At any rate, its very affordable and Chloe needs lunch everyday. So, I have motivation even if I'm feeling tired. So it's a hobby I can manage to sustain. I think that is the best thing about it. I think I've found a sustainable hobby.

No comments: