Both Kenny and I have wanted a Wii for awhile now. Our friends have been doing everying they can to temp us into spending back yard money on the game system. We've played on it a few times, each time making us want a Wii more and more. But Saturday Night we went to a fun, fun 40th birthday party at Dave's house and guys played with his Wii quite a bit(snicker, it just doesn't come out right) Excite Truck pushed Kenny over the edge I think in wanting to get one. I had a great time with all the games and wasn't able to make excuses for not geting one any longer.
So, last night, as we were depleating our TIVO of unwatched shows, we picked StarTrek to watch and the TIVO switched over to a previous recording of a baseball game! Blech, I like baseball but I really have a hard time with sports on TV. It's a lot of fun to be there and hardly any fun to watch on TV. So being that I wouldn't get my dose of Captain Kirk and his gang I decided it was time to go buy a Wii. Kennys eyes kinda lit up when I said okay lets go buy a Wii then! He also looked at me like I was a little crazy, but thats okay, the lit up excited eyes won.
We called a few game stores in the area. The one one rd. 68 quickly replied, "no" like it was the 100th time he'd been asked that question that day. Kenny then called the one at the mall and low and behold they had one left. So we woke up Nic and got everyone's shoes on, hopped in the car and drove out to the EB Games in front of Target.
AHHH the security fence was going down and the clerk inside was going home. So we ran into Target and their Wii spot was empty. We hit the game store in the mall and apparantly it was the original store we called that had a Wii left. The lady gladly sold us her last Wii and a few games, remotes and other spendy stuff. We came home and un packaged the system and were making Wii me's in no time.
The kids hapily played tenis for 30 minutes before going to bed. Kenny and I "tested" a few of the other games but eventually raced with excite truck untill midnight when we started to play with the internet and other networking stuff available on the Wii.
Wii Safety
So our kids are hard on DVD's and the dog is hard on remotes and other items left on the floor or any low surface (heck sometimes high surfaces) So we need a Wii spot that is safe. I've decided on the networking closet. We have a lock on it so the kids won't be able to play with Wii stuff unless we get it out for them. (I'm already using this for my own selfish purposes, got them to do the dishes and pick up laundry this morning. Nic has picked up stray books. )I put up some tacks to hang the wiimotes on and I'm going to have to put a shelf in there for games to sit on.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha Congrats! :)
Ooo...fun for you guys! Our poor little Wii just hasn't gotten the attention it deserves since we got it. :-) I've tried to rent Excite Truck at a couple places, but none of them have it. We've heard it's the best game. Maybe we should just buy it.
Post a Comment