First I'll touch on highlights that don't involve digging. . .
The 10th: Kennys 28th birthday party, we had steaks and played games. It was fun and relaxed.
The 12th: Rachel and Adam have a baby!

The 13th: Matty comes over in the evening for a visit. Goes to get stuff for rootbeer floats, yummy!

The 14th: Matt come back in the morning to watch the kids while we go to a parent teacher conference with Chloe's teacher. BTW, Mrs. Hart would like a classroom full of Chloe's!!! Matt stays all day and helps me with the yard project.
The 15th: Kenny took his final test in Spanish 102 and completed his second to last course towards his BS!
The 18th: We bought Kenny a TIE, in fact two fancy ties! He was told that in D.C. (where he is right now) he should wear a button down shirt and tie, actually the word suit was used. So we dusted off a suit he hasn't worn in 10 years... it still looked damn good on him! We realized he had two ties in the closet, a Taz tie and a Popeye tie, and made a mad dash for JC Pennys.
This Morning, at O'4:30 fricken early, I loaded up the family and we pushed Kenny out of the truck in front of the airport. We came back home and went to sleep.
Okay now back to the digging---
Almost done with the first level of dirt at the bottom of the hill, since we need to prepare for a sprinkler system and a ton of bricks it was time for me to draw up the exact plan of what we were going to do in the back yard. I've drawn up a pretty nice back yard, it includes about $1500.00 of retaining wall blocks but it is still very cool.
I bought 40 blocks from Lowes for about $130.00 and for the most part capped off the end of my yard so any more fill dirt doesn't spill into the neighbors yard. I need to work on backfilling the wall with gravel (a yard only was 25 bucks) and laying out the first curved wall to one of the upper terraces. This also involves filling in the remaining 10 foot section in! I'm so excited, its moving along fairly well... The bricks are 60 pounds each and it is fairly tedious installing them. I actually had a lot of help from Kenny laying them out this last weekend it was nice to see the wall go up so quickly.


No comments:
Post a Comment