Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sand in Places I Never Knew Existed

So Saturday and Sunday I took off. Saturday, I assumed we'd need to be working in the yard so I canceled my trip to Spokane and the kids went to grandmas house for the day. My cousin did stop by but it was just for a few minutes to view the damage.

But other than that short visit Kenny and I took the day off. No homework, no yard stress, no kids. Just sitting together watching "Dead Like Me" all day long. Which is a show I highly recommend. We went to get the kids at about dinner time and when we got home Kenny did have to go back into school mode. But that day was wonderfully quiet and uneventfull.

Sunday was a normal, Kenny does homework all day while I play GuildWars, day.

Monday the dirt came.
The boards helped a little... but only where the sand was really soft, up close to the sidewalk. My yard slopes to the street, I think that the year of irrigation running to the bottom of that slope made the soil there especially squishy. We have some ruts, but nothing too terrible. A little sand over time should fill them up pretty good.

And then Tuesday we had the first of many Dinner and Digging nights. We invited Adam and Rachel over to help move some dirt. Thanks Guys!

We'll be moving dirt from now till next summer. If that soon! The kids have been playing in the huge dirt pile since it got here. Ainsley even went out in a dress with no panties on and got sand in every little crack as you can imagine. I tell them they can't go outside, a few minutes later they're out playing king of the hill.

Here's a video of the guys hard at work.

No comments: