Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Must Make Food Taste Bad

So last week I had a little girl from down the street over to play with my kids. I thought I was safe serving peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. She put the sandwich up to her mouth and faked a cough and said, "this bread makes me cough". It was just wheat bread, snyders in fact. I told her It's just bread, I buy it from the store like your mommy buys her bread. But she wouldn't have any of that. Later I served apple slices and was told by her that she didn't like apples. *heavy sigh* I found out later from her mom that the bread was the exact same kind she buys.

Today I took the same little girl along with us to the movies. She asked if we could get popcorn. I don't usually get the popcorn, but since it was a special day out and her mom bought popcorn for us the last time we went I splurged and got some. I served each eager kid up a small cup of popcorn from the bucket. After one bite this little girl grimmaces and tells me there is something wrong with the popcorn. I taste it, it tastes exactly like popcorn. I tell her it's the same kind of popcorn we had the last time we went to the movies. But she didn't believe me. She wanted a tissue to spit the foul popcorn out into. I had none and told her to just swallow it. She held the popcorn in her mouth for several minutes with a grimmace on her face. Getting sick of her I dumped her cup of popcorn out and told her to spit it out into her cup. She spat a few times and complained, "there's still some in there". She seemed to be fine after that and watched the rest of the movie. The rest of us finished off the popcorn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol - Methinks someone needed attention... heh

Anonymous said...

I think a ;ott;e gor; doesn't need to eat at your house. Or do like my sister does with picky eaters. The parents have to bring food for the picky eater if they want the kid to eat at her house.;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry the should of said, a little girl at the begining. I apparently am typing under the influence of not being awake yet. lol