I'm overwhelmed, not with school, with going. Going here. Going there. Going everywhere. I hate driving, and I seem to be doing an awful lot of it recently. Drive the kids to school, drive Nic to sitter, drive to school, drive to get NIc, drive to pick kids up from school, drive to gymnastics, drive to gymnastics again and any other errands that have to be done throughout the day. I'm not sure soccer mom is really the correct term, but taxi driver may be appropriate.
There isn't much time to do much of anything between destination points. I'm not sure how I'll manage chores each day. For now, it seems that the crockpot will be my new best friend and the kids will have a bit more responsibility making sure the dishes get done each night. Tonight we're having taco soup, a wonderfully simple concoction of beans, tomatoes, corn, ground beef and taco seasoning. Toss it all in the crockpot in the morning and as that one TV guy would say, "fix it and forget it". It allows me the benefit of doing my 5 hours worth of homework without worrying about what to put in the kids bellies.
So, a large portion of my English class is based on journaling and increasing my wpm in free writing. Let me just say that I am so completely happy that I started doing this blog years ago. I have confidence that it has given me a slight edge over my classmates. Which, being one of the older "kids" in class, is a much better feeling than that of being out of touch. One of the other "more experienced" students in my class has expressed many times that she is too old and has forgotten everything. I on the other hand feel like I'm already ahead of my peers and my life experiences have actually prepared me better than my high school ever did. Again, my first diagnostic is on Thursday. We'll see if my confidence bubble is popped then.
If that doesn't do it, surely Math 98 will.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sure hope that things slow down enough that you get some time back (not as much driving around.) I know I don't enjoy running "errands" all day.
Post a Comment