Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Voila, Mini Meat Balls

Today was the first day of school. Everyone sprung out of bed before the alarm clock this morning and got ready on their own. The kids have been begging for oatmeal all month, so, I promised a special oatmeal breakfast for the first day of school. That's what we had.

I made a few things ahead of time for lunch this weekend and froze them. Some mini meatballs, some chicken veggie yakisoba and some onigiri (plain and smoked salmon). The girls asked for the meatballs for lunch so that's what I packed along with some yogurt, carrots and a shaped hardboiled egg. Kenny got the Yakisoba, meatballs and salami, cottage cheese and pineapples, and orange sections.

They sure looked good. Anyway, I'm always surprised at how quickly they go together. I think I'm going to make some lasagna rolls to stuff in the freezer today.




No comments: