Yesterday, I took the kids on a real public transit trip... *we've used one to go to the fair before, but that doesn't count.
Kenny had a softball game scheduled at work and I wanted to go to it. Usually games are on Wednesdays, that conflicts with gymnastics so we don't get to go to those. But here was a Thursday game and our Thursdays are open.
Kenny took the car to work, so we had a way to get home. I just had to get the kids to the bus stop. Remember the one that's a mile away. Ken didn't take the car seats with him to work, so I had to haul them to the bus stop. Out comes the umbrella stroller, it is now a car seat transportation device. We were a bit late for the bus, so I had the kids run to the stop at the last block. We all hopped on the bus, and then the bus turned unexpectedly. We were on the wrong one. The driver kindly parked the bus and waved down the right one for us. We got on the right one (lugging kids, stroller and car seats) and made it to the Richland transfer station. We caught the connecting bus and got to EMSL. Other than the logistics issues at the beginning the trip was quite quick and comfortable. The kids had fun.
Things to make our trip better...
have Kenny take car seats with him ahead of time or look into more portable ones like these...
safeguard seat
or even this is better
car seat vest
We could've left 5 or 10 minutes earlier, that would've helped a lot.
MAKE THE CITY MOVE THE FRICKIN' STOP TO 84 :)
Friday, May 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment