Kenny's been trying to ride his bike home from work more. Partly because gas is 3.60 per gal and partly because he needs some exercise. I'm so excited for him, he does it now in just under an hour an a half... Pretty good for someone who spends his life at a keyboard/monitor. The trip is 11 miles so he rides the bus to work and bikes home. I think we're going to have to start getting up earlier though because the only way he'll ride during July and August is if he bikes to work to avoid the afternoon heat.
I've been contemplating ways I can reduce my drive time... probably one of the biggest things is driving to pick the kids up every day. It burns lots of gas, the school parking lot is a mess of mother taxi services and it's just healthier for the kids to walk/ride bikes. It's only a mile away, I walked further than that when I was in Elementary school and I had to cross both Jadwin and GeoWay. I'll probably start walking the kids to school soon and next year when Ainsley is going full day we'll defiantly do bikes. Now if we could just get Gymnastics all together... having to drive back and fourth from that is a pain. I've been leaving Chloe there after Ainsley's gymnastics she has to wait 40 minutes for her class to start but it saves me a trip and it gives her time to do homework.
The Mid-Columbia Library summer reading program should start up at the beginning of June... that means free youth summer bus passes!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey thanks for reminding me of the summer bus pass thing! I need to start looking into kids activities for the summer. The kiddos get pretty bored if left to their own devices for too long.
Unfortunately there's not a lot I can do to cut driving right now. There's no practical way to get to and from preschool on the other side of town. Now when they are both in elementary in a couple years, we'll be set as it's only 2 blocks away and we'll walk.
Good for Kenny! Rich looked into biking to work - maybe now that it's nicer out I can broach the subject again. It's 9.5 miles one way. Is there a way over the 240 bridge on a bike?
yup there is a bike path on each side of the bridge.
Post a Comment