We had a great trip to LaGrande this last weekend. My classes went well I think I really helped the couples that attended. I hope the best for them.
We stayed at Emigrant Springs State Park just west of La Grande. It is a beautiful well maintained camp ground. There are enough trees between camp sites that it doesn't feel like you're camped on top of the tent next to you. There is running drinking water to most, if not all sites. The bathrooms and showers are nice, new and free. The showers wern't exactly heavenly along the lines of water pressure and temperature, but as far as camp ground showers go, they are among the best that I've seen. For those not interested in chilling it out on the ground, there are several cabins with beds and heat that are available to reserve.
I have to say that the park was perfect for family camping and the only con was that it was right next to the highway and there was some noise from the passing vehicles. But it wasn't horrible.
Things to remember next trip up. Coats, heaver sleeping bags, blankets, mittens, hats, warm clothes, hot chocolate, coffee, anything warm etc... The temperature dipped in to the LOW 50's at night and was downright chilly in the mornings. Sunday morning the kids were purple lipped during breakfast and every time a gentle, yet frigid, breeze came through Nic would shiver all over and say, whoa it's cold. I think Sunday night I just about froze to death, I had a migraine the entire next day which made the trip home a lot of fun.
We went to Lehman Hot Springs for a dip on the way back, It was lovely (though my head was pounding and I was nauseated). The kids had fun and since it was semi closed it was almost a private pool. I'm definitely planning a trip there this January.
We took the highway through Ukiah and up 395 to Pendleton, which was a long, slow, twisty and turny path. My headache became crippling. We got home though, Malcolm was brought back and we had a calm end to a long weekend.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ooo...we'd love to do Lehmen Springs with you guys in January, we've never been and have been wanting to go. I'm starting to wonder about the whole camping in the Fall that we've promised to do with the girls...freezing my hiney off doesn't sound all that fun. :-) Who watched Malcolm for you? Glad your class went well.
Post a Comment