
Kenny installed a program called Inkscape, a nifty little open source vector graphics editor. After sketching a self portrait of me on paper and scanning it in, I used Inkscape to edit the sketch and made the cute image of me you see in the left corner of the page. I also wrote the title and scanned it in and edited it with InkScape as well. I'm far from an artist, but InkScape worked it's magic and made my image look pretty good. It took about 5 hours from sketching to saving. Not too shabby for my first time using the software.
I've not done much with the new Blogger editing widgets. But today I changed to one of the new skins and opened my eyes to some of the new features blogger has to offer. Wow, blogger certainly has a way of making customizing blogs simple for those that don't know how to decipher the mysterious CSS behind the scenes. Now, with a simple interface, changing text, text color, images, image placement, layout placement, etc . . . is just a button click away from a change. And for those of us who need to see the HTML blogger has allowed us even more capability to edit it directly.
Anyway that's what I've been working on this weekend. Maybe I'll do more illustrating later :)

2 comments:
Erin, it looks so good! I love your graphics. I can make a pretty decent graphic from a graphics program, but I could never draw something so cool by hand and then make it look so neat on the 'puter. I'm impressed. I created my blogger skin by just hashing on an already created skin's CSS and html...I guess I need to look at the new blogger editing and see if I can make it look better...you've inspired me. :-)
Wow, great look Erin. I love Inkscape. It's a great program, but of course all I have used it for is creating technical diagrams for presentations here at work.
Post a Comment