Chloê has bouts of mood swings. Nothing unbearable, just periods of time when she's grumpy or sensitive. I've especially noticed it since school started and she doesn't get the opportunity for afternoon quiet time anymore.
This morning she rudely demanded that I make her oatmeal. It had the potential to be a polite request, but it wasn't. It was more her expressing to me that her expectation of oatmeal had not been satisfied. "Make me oatmeal, now! I'm hungry. DON'T put apples in it!" Well I just simply looked at her and said, "no" then pointed the kids to the toaster. Ainsley and Nic were thrilled with the prospect of toast for breakfast and proceeded to make themselves some. Chloê made it clear to Ainsley that she did not want toast for breakfast and then started to cry on the couch (all of this fairly quietly I might add, if there were such a thing as a silent tantrum this would be it.) A few minutes later I sat down next to her on the couch, to relax a bit and watch some TV and she was balled up at the other end quietly sobbing. She sat up and proceeded to tell me how hungry she was and tried to explain to me that oatmeal would be the only thing to satisfy this hunger. She was whining, which I have little tolerance for. She's been in her room ever since. I'll let her out at lunch time at 10:45. She'll probalby be expecting a ham and cheese sandwich, I'm feeling evil today so I'll be sure to make her peanut butter and jelly.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment