Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Chloe's First Day of School





Today was Chloe's first day of school. It was an parent/student orientation so there wasn't much oportunity for pictures. Pretty general orientation. We'll have check your backpacks when they get home and when they get to school... the teacher talked about where students line up when they get to school and taught them the hall rules. They learned where their coats and backpacks go.

Parents filled out emergency cards. We learned about how homework will go and how there is no mandatory due dates at this grade level. The kids need to be dressed appropriately for the weather and activities and need to wear sneakers and socks usually.

Mrs. Hart, Chloe's teacher is quite nice. I'm sure Chloe will have a good experience in her class.

We get to see her catch the bus for the first time tomorrow... hopefully that means more pictures for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! It's not even my own kid and I'm getting teary-eyed! What am I in for with Sam? Lol How cool. GO CHLOE! :D I hope she has fun. This is that school where it's like 80% Spanish speaking?? She looks like such a young lady! :D

flarin_erin said...

Luckily that turned out to be an optional program... it was more like 50/50 we would've been more open to it.